Sunday, November 22, 2009

Something to chew on




Lately I've been pondering a new insight into myself as a wife. God teaches me these little nuggets from time to time. The last nugget was pretty hard to swallow but that's another story for another time.
Right now the nugget is this:

To hold in a gripe is beautiful.

Stopping negative words before they come out of my mouth is more than
simply creating an absence of something.
It's creating something beautiful.

How does this play out in real life? Here's an example. The other day Brian poured my drink at dinner. (Small tangent: I always mix orange juice and V8 splash for my drink at dinner. Brian calls it my cocktail. It tastes delicious and I let myself believe I'm getting in my veggies) When he set the glass down on the table I noticed that there was alot of V8 splash and not much orange juice when usually I make it the other way around. I was just about to point this out (the guy needs to know for future reference right?) when I remembered the nugget. As I said thank you and watched my husband, a smile was growing on my insides. Brian may have just heard silence but there was beauty in that silence.

Though I rarely even struggle with this issue (right Brian?), it's nice to know that I'm not just stuffing in a thought that I wanted to blurt out. It's actually kind of fun to stay quiet and enjoy the moment of silence like a piece of chocolate. 

I really like these nuggets.
God teaching me and growing me is one of my favorite things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment